Sunday, June 8, 2014

Kayak Season Begins

June 8, 2014 Iz the Kayaking dog

Today was the first day of the kayaking season for me and my family and I'm extremely excited.
I love getting out in the summer after being cooped up for the winter, and it was a long cold winter.
  I enjoy the snow, but getting out on the river is my favorite.   Although I am a strong swimmer, I like to sport my Body Glove life preserver; safety first!
There are quite a few places to launch the kayak in the Potomac River, but at this particular spot; I can swim, run along the bank or just drift in the kayak.
Sitting in the kayak is not the most comfortable but after swimming and running it's a nice break.  There is always a lot to see: like other kayakers (who get the friendly bark), fisherman (have to be quiet for them), birds of all kinds, deer, and turtles, just to name a few.

Great Grey Heron




Time for bed.  I'm one tired dog.

Iz

No comments:

Post a Comment